FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Brevard County Fire Rescue Named Top EMS Provider in Florida
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. -- Brevard County Fire Rescue has been selected EMS Provider of the Year (2015) by the State of Florida Division of EMS.
The Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Provider of the Year Award recognizes EMS organizations for outstanding commitment to EMS service delivery. The prestigious award honors a licensed EMS provider that:
• participates in the Florida Pre-hospital EMS Tracking and Reporting System (EMSTARS);
• currently has no administrative action pending from the Department of Health;
• has assumed a leadership role in the Florida EMS system and community;
• has demonstrated outstanding initiative in the area of public education and/or training; and
• has demonstrated excellence in the areas of quality assurance/improvement and medical control protocol development/implementation.
"This is statewide recognition of the hard work, dedication and professionalism of our EMS Division and of our commitment to the welfare, well being and safety of our community," Fire Rescue Chief Mark Schollmeyer said.